A Mass of Christian Burial was celebrated June 14 in Assisi House, Aston, Pa., for Franciscan Sister Theresa Mary Mich, who died June 8. She was 90.
Born in Philadelphia, Sister Theresa Mary (formerly, Theresa Catalda Mich) entered the Sisters of St. Francis of Philadelphia in 1948 and professed her first vows in 1951. Her sister, Sister Rita Mary Mich (now deceased), was also a member of the same congregation. Sister Theresa Mary earned a bachelor of science degree in English from Villanova University, Pa., and a master of arts degree in theology from St. Charles Borromeo Seminary, Wynnewood, Pa. Her ministry included time in education at both the elementary and secondary levels, including 11 years in the Diocese of Trenton, where she worked with children in St. Michael Home, Hopewell, and taught in St. Rose of Lima School, Freehold, and St. Leo the Great School, Lincroft. She also spent 43 years serving in the Philadelphia Archdiocese and a decade in the Diocese of Harrisburg. She retired from teaching in 2001 and moved to Our Lady of Angels Convent, Aston, Pa., where she volunteered in various congregational offices. In 2010, she moved to Assisi House, the congregation’s retirement residence, where she served in prayer ministry.
Sister Theresa Mary is survived by her nieces and nephews, and by her Franciscan family.
Burial was in Our Lady of Angels Cemetery.
Memorial donations may be made to the Sisters of St. Francis Foundation, 609 S. Convent Road, Aston, PA 19014.