From staff reports
Catholic Charities Diocese of Trenton has joined with St. Vincent de Paul and local community organizations, parishes and program directors to provide aid for hurricane victims in Puerto Rico.
From now until Dec. 15, collection sites around the Diocese will be accepting goods to be shipped by sea to San Juan, Puerto Rico. Monetary donations are also encouraged to cover transportation costs.
Items being requested include: water, hygiene kits, cleaning supplies, can openers, extension cords, baby and adult diapers, and blue tarps.
Catholic Charities’ collection sites are as follows:
• Providence House Domestic Violence Services, 88 Schoolhouse Road, Whiting
• Monmouth Counseling Center, 145 Maple Avenue, Red Bank
• El Centro, 327 South Broad St., Trenton
• Delaware House Behavioral Health Services, 25 Ikea Drive, Westampton
• Central Administrative Services (CAS), 383 W. State Street, Trenton
Those wishing to help with shipping costs can send a check to Catholic Charities, 383 W. State St., Trenton, NJ 08607-1423. In the check’s memo portion, write “Disaster Transportation Donation.”
Two months after Hurricanes Irma and Maria, more than half of Puerto Rico’s residents still have almost no power or telecommunications, and access to food and clean water is sparse.
For more information or to donate online, visit www.catholiccharitiestrenton.org.